Dear HRBYCA Member Clubs:
MEETING NOV. 29TH NEWBURGH YACHT CLUB.
6:30 MEET 'n GREET FOLLOWED WITH DINNER.
In addition to our speaker, Ed Kelly of the Maritime Association of the Port of NY/NJ,
at our Nov. 29 general membership meeting, we will also be electing 3 open
positions on our HRBYCA Board. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor.
As a volunteer organization we are always looking for folks to join us and share new ideas, make HRBYCA clubs stronger, and ensure recreational boating remains strong on the
Hudson River. There is great comaraderie within your board and serving can be very
rewarding. Here's the 3 open positions that we encourage you to consider:
1. Secretary: Currently the board has both Recording Secretary and Corresponding Secretary positions. With advent of email and some additional transfer of duties, it's become
apparent that both of these positions could be combined to just one. The largest responsibility of this
job remains taking and publishing minutes of meetings, as well as contributing to
all of the other work we do (events, meetings, Club Profiles, legislative support).
Please note that
your Treasurer, Jay Melnick, has been acting in this capacity (yes, he has
had 3 jobs) we'd
give him a break - dealing with our finances is big enough.
PLEASE STEP UP AND CONSIDER NOMINATION for Secretary at the
I promise you will have fun with us :)
2. We also have 2 Director positions open. Both Danny D'Elia and Dan Bach have
contributed greatly over the years in their roles as Directors and we owe a great deal
of gratitude for their support. If you have ever thought about joining, a Director
position is a great place to get your feet wet and to make a difference.
Here is a complete list 2017 HRBYCA Board:
1. President: Jerry Silverman, Yonkers YC
2. Vice President: Scott Croft, Ossining B&CC
3. Treasurer: Jay Melnick, Tarrytown BC
4. Secretary: OPEN for election
5. Director: Amy Beth Krisanda, Croton YC
6. Director: Robert Gardiner, Tarrytown BC
7. Director: Janice Anderson, Seaweed YC
8. Director: Peter Alfieri: Mineseaongo YC
9. Director: OPEN for election
10. Director: OPEN for election
President Emeritus: Frank Bergman, Pirate Canoe YC
If you’re interested in joining a boat club on the Hudson River
and would like more information,
please check out our list of member clubs.
To stay current of all HRBYCA and river happenings,
we strongly urge you to “like” our HRBYCA Facebook page.
CLICK HERE to attach your NYS Boater's Safety Certification to your NYS Driver's License
or find where to attend a course offering the NYS Safe Boating Certificate.